Mr Williams accused local businessman Colin Flannigan of being 'two-faced' after he said he was looking forward to the restaurant opening
Celebrity chef Bryn Williams has entered into a Twitter spat over his long-awaited Porth Eirias bistro.
Earlier this week, Conwy Council decided, behind closed doors, to spend a further £33,000 on the £3.7m complex to make the space for his kitchen suitable.
The news was welcomed on the social media site by Colin Flannigan who runsColwyn Bay estate agents St David's Commercial.
He said: "Looking forward to the opening of it now."
But the chef replied accusing him of being 'two-faced'.
Mr Williams said: "What are you on about! Last week you said it will not work or open, now you say hurry up and open. #2faced"
He later added: "Not sure if your (sic) the kind of customer we are looking for."
His tweets generated a backlash from some North Wales Twitter users.
Jonathen Harty said: "Colin is a well respected local business man who hasn't cost the taxpayer thousands.
"You aren't really endearing yourself to the people who are likely to support you."
- @WeeklyNewsBay @Brynwchef looking forward to the opening of it now
- @Brynwchef hurry up and open
- @colinstdavids what are you on about! Last week you said it will not work or open, now you say hurry up and open. #2faced
- @Brynwchef be nice to be proved wrong we will support you and did try to book for my birthday in August but didn't hear back
- @colinstdavids not surprised with all the bad mouthing you have been doing! Not sure if your the kind of customer we are looking for
- @Brynwchef Do you know it’s “you’re?”
- @Brynwchef @Thoughtsofoscar @colinstdavids Colin is a well respected local business man who hasn't cost the taxpayer thousands.
- @Brynwchef @Thoughtsofoscar @colinstdavids you aren't really endearing yourself to the people who are likely to support you.
- @Brynwchef months of frustration, no info from you or CCBC. Huge spiralling costs. WE paid for Porth Eirias. Can you understand the anger?
- @Brynwchef @colinstdavids @Thoughtsofoscar @ConwyCBC not sure you're really the kind of chef we want in (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1s3qmak
- @Brynwchef @colinstdavids I'm glad to see you at least respond and are human Bryn! Many of us including Colin were pleased, it's the
- @Brynwchef @colinstdavids dithering and handouts and delays that have pissed people of,now this stinking attitude, had a busy lunch service?
- @Brynwchef @colinstdavids and you're not the kind've "chef" we're looking for
- @colinstdavids @Thoughtsofoscar @Brynwchef oh dear looks promising then
- @Brynwchef @colinstdavids was that Bryn or the taxi driver Col
- @colinstdavids @Thoughtsofoscar @Brynwchef omg just read retweets how can he talk to prospective clients like this ?
- @Brynwchef @colinstdavids Not sure if you're the kind of tennant us council tax payers are looking for either. #getyourchequebookoutsunshine
Post a Comment